APPLE iPHONE 5 16GB LOCKED TO EE
A remarkably slim design that still makes room for a larger display and a faster chip. Ultra-fast wireless that doesnt sacrifice battery life. And all-new headphones designed to sound great and fit comfortably. So much went into this iPhone. So you could get even more out of it
Thin, sleek and very capable.
Its hard to believe a phone so thin could offer so many features: a larger display, a faster chip, the latest wireless technology, an 8MP iSight camera and more. All in a beautiful aluminium body designed and made with an unprecedented level of precision. iPhone 5 measures a mere 7.6 millimetres thin and weighs just 112 grams.1 Thats 18 per cent thinner and 20 per cent lighter than iPhone 4S. The only way to achieve a design like this is by relentlessly considering (and reconsidering) every single detail including the details you dont see.
Anyone can make a larger smartphone display. But if you go large for larges sake, you end up with a phone that feels oversized, awkward and hard to use. iPhone 5 features a 4-inch display designed the right way: its bigger, but its the same width as iPhone 4S. So everything youve always done with one hand typing on the keyboard, for instance you can still do with one hand. On a larger canvas that lets you see more of every web page. More of your inbox. More events on your calendar. Even more apps on your Home screen.
This isnt just a larger display. Its a larger Retina display. At 326 pixels per inch, it has a pixel density so high, your eye cant distinguish individual pixels. And as stunning as the Retina display is on the iPhone 4S, this one gives you 18 per cent more pixels for an impressive 1136x640 resolution. Colours get a boost too, with colour saturation thats 44 per cent greater than before. So with iPhone 5, the games you play, the words you read, the images you see and the apps you love look and feel incredibly vivid and lifelike. For big-time entertainment, iPhone 5 lets you watch widescreen HD video in all its glory without letterboxing.
Next-generation mobile data and wireless connectivity.
iPhone 5 supports more networks all over the world. That includes advanced networks such as HSPA, HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA. Browse, download and stream content at ultra-fast speeds. Dual-band 802.11n wireless connectivity accelerates your Wi-Fi experience too up to 150 Mbps.
With the new A6 chip, just about everything you do on iPhone 5 is noticeably faster up to twice as fast compared with the A5 chip. So apps launch, web pages load and email attachments appear almost instantly.
The A6 chip also offers graphics performance thats up to twice as fast as the A5. So you can power through graphics-intensive apps and games. And enjoy higher frame rates for smoother, more realistic gameplay.
Not only is the A6 chip custom designed to be fast, its custom designed to work with iOS 6 to be extremely power efficient. So even at its accelerated speed, iPhone 5 has more than enough battery power to last throughout the day up to 8 hours of browsing on a mobile data connection, up to 8 hours of talk time and up to 10 hours of video playback time.
Features & Sepcifications
- GSM model A1428*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE** (Bands 2, 4, 5, 17)
- CDMA model A1429*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE** (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE** (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Mobile network
- Retina display
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136x640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- 8-megapixel iSight camera
- Video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio
- FaceTime HD camera with 1.2MP photos and HD video (720p) up to 30 frames per second
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Face detection in video or still images
- LED flash
- Improved video stabilisation
- Photo and video geotagging
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 225 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Be the first to review this product
FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
Will be sent either by Royal Mail, DPD or Parcelforce, this can typically take between 2-4 days. Free Standard Delivery is to the Mainland UK only, for all non-Mainland UK orders shipping will be charged and the rates can be found below.
NEXT WORKING DAY (UK MAINLAND ONLY)*
For customers wishing to upgrade their delivery will be charged £2.99. Your order must be placed by 2pm in order to qualify for the Next Working Day service which will be sent via Courier. When placing an order please make sure that you include a valid email address and mobile number to receive updates of your delivery. All orders placed on a Friday for Next Working Day will be delivered on a Monday