BT bring us yet another simple yet perfectly formed cordless phone in the BT 3950 series – this comes in a ranger of versions; single, twin and triple sets. As one would expect from a modern telephone it is DECT ( Digital Cordless ) and GAP ( compatible with other cordless models ) and will have a range up to about 50m indoors and up to 300m outdoors.
The first thing we liked about the 3950 is the small footprint of the telephones themselves. Sometimes we feel that phones – placed as they often are in the area around the TV, router and other data entry and access points around the home – take up just a bit more space than they should.
That said the compact unit manages to sport a large (1.8 inch) and clear backlit LCD display as well as large buttons on the keypad which should be very accessible for elderly or those with either visual or dexterity issues. That said the keys are pleasurable to use for anyone with clear markings as well.
The BT 3950 features include the following
- Answerphone – useful for call screening or for taking messages of course
- Nuisance Call Blocking – we all get fed up with insolicited sales/ PPI calls
- Long Standby Time – you can leave your phone off charge for 5 days
- Do not disturb mode – have some ‘you time’ away from telephone calls
- Backlit Screen – nice in low lighting conditions
So what we have is a wonderfully compact phone with all the features that one could want at home. Further the BT 3950 could well be used in many work situations where a multi handset telephone could be useful.
If you require further information on the BT 3950 Telephones then give us a call on 0800 652 4949 or view them on the website at BT 3950 Telephones