You can use a BT Home Hub 4r as your router even if you are a customer on cable.
What does BTs Home Hub 4r give you?
BTs Home Hub 4r is a Dual-Band modem router with smart wireless technology which gives you a fast reliable wireless signal with your broadband, combined with a superb sleek and modern design.
Faster Wi-Fi through new Dual-Band technology
With Dual-Band technology you can improve the performance of your Wi-Fi around your home; with two antennas for each spectrum (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) you can feel assured of a faster connection, especially on 5Ghz enabled devices. This is ideal for streaming content and high speed gaming!
A more reliable connection with smart Wi-Fi technology
The BT Home Hub 4r is designed with smart wireless technology that recognises there is interference on the chosen Wireless channel, this could be caused by a fridge, Microwave or your neighbours network! The BT Home Hub 4r will constantly monitor and switch the channel when interference is detected.
Make the most of your Broadband
BT's Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Kit from BT offers a solution to a number of your broadband problems. Be it connecting a Smart TV in a different room to your router, generating Wi-Fi where your router doesn't reach or high speed streaming throughout your home, BT's Wi-Fi Home Hotspot 500 Kit can be used to help make the most of your broadband at home.
As you would expect from any product from BT it is easy to set up with minimal effort and fuss meaning you can start benefiting from the BT Home Hub 4r as quickly as youd hoped. There is no problem connecting to Wi-Fi and there is a handy card with your credentials to connect your devices and a WPS button to connect enabled devices even quicker.
- Fibre Broadband and a modem with an Ethernet connection or an ADSL (normal copper) Broadband Line
- Required connection ports are an Ethernet port, or Wireless 802.11b, g, n or a
Other technical information
- 1 x RJ45 Gigabit WAN interface for BT Infinity
- 3x RJ45 Ethernet LAN ports
- 1x USB 2.0 master socket
- Wireless: WPS Reset (Pinhole)
- On/Off power button
Weight & dimensions
- 301 (gms)
- 116 high x 236 wide x 31 deep (mm)
- Dual band concurrent wireless
- 2.4GHz: 802.11n dual
- stream 2x2 MIMO. Back compatible with 802.11 b/g
- 5GHz: 802.11n dual
- stream 2x2 MIMO. Back compatible with 802.11a
- WPS wireless connection
- Smart Wireless automated channel selection in 2.4 & 5GHz
- Wireless channel operation
- 2.4GHz: 20MHz (default), 40MHz supported
- 5GHz: 40MHz (default), 20MHz supported
- Up to 64 simultaneous wireless users supported
- 2.4GHz: WPA & WPA2 (default), WPA, WPA2 and WEP 64/40
- 5GHz: WPA2
Wireless Transmission speed
- 2.4GHz wireless: up to 300Mbps
- 5 GHz wireless: up to 300Mbps
- Up to 150 Mbps (20MHz)
- Up to 300 Mbps (40MHz)
- Be the first to review this product
FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
Will be sent either by Royal Mail, DPD or Parcelforce, this can typically take between 2-4 days. Free Standard Delivery is to the Mainland UK only, for all non-Mainland UK orders shipping will be charged and the rates can be found below.
Next Working Day (UK Mainland Only)*
For customers wishing to upgrade their delivery to Next Working Day will be charged £4.99. Your order must be placed by 2pm in order to qualify for the Next Working Day service which will be sent via Courier. All orders placed on a Friday after 2pm or on Saturday/Sunday for Next Working Day will be delivered on the following Tuesday